A youth allegedly staged his abduction with the help of his friends to extort Rs five lakhs from his father to buy a bike and mobile phone in Manpur area, according to the police.
“Chand Alam went missing on June 7, after which his father Yakub received a ransom call for Rs 5 lakh. Yakub later filed a complaint,” SP Sitapur Soumitra Yadav said.
He said that crime branch and surveillance cell were deployed in this connection.
- Shopkeeper says men posing as policemen abducted him, kin for ransom; probe on
- Juvenile among four held for kidnapping class IX student
- Kidnapped moneylender’s body found in Surat village, two detained
- Mumbai: Boy staged his ‘abduction’ with a friend, say police
- Friend among four held for kidnapping, killing I-T officer’s son in Bengaluru
- A week after abduction,cops say youth may have fled home
“During investigation, it was found that the calls were made from a nearby locations,” SP Yadav said. “Later abductors agreed on ransom of Rs 2.5 lakh,” he said.
Police nabbed the accused at the time of delivery of money and “recovered” Chand Alam.
During interrogation it was revealed that Chand Alam himself hatched the plan along with his six friends identified as Naushad, Shaban, Chand Babu, Irshad, Ahtishaam and Kaamil.
“Chand Alam staged his abduction to get money from his father as he wanted to buy a bike and expensive mobile,” the SP said.
The SP also confirmed that Alam convinced his friends that he would pay them hefty sums of money if they help him in executing the plan.