A 23-year-old pregnant woman’s family has alleged that she was killed by her husband and mother-in-law over dowry demand in Rasulpur village in Gunnaur area here, police said today.
Brijeesh (23) was allegedly beaten and fed some poisonous substance last night by the husband Ved Prakash and his mother Sukhdevi, they said.
An FIR as been lodged against Prakash and Sukhdevi and the woman’s body has been sent for postmortem, police said.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
The family claimed that Brijeesh’s in-laws demanded a car among other things in dowry which could not be fulfilled, police said, adding investigation is underway.