IF GIVEN a ticket by SP, jailed mafia-turned-politician and Quami Ekta Dal MLA from Mau, Mukhtar Ansari, would contest the UP Assembly polls next year, his brother and QED president Afzal Ansari said on Saturday.
Afzal on Saturday met SP national chief Mulayam Singh Yadav and state president Shivpal Yadav in Lucknow.
Three months after the merger of QED with the SP was called off, Shivpal on Thursday had again announced the merger of the two parties. He had said the decision was endorsed by Mulayam.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Afzal said: “When this announcement (of the merger on October 6) was made, I was admitted to the hospital. After recovering from fever, I contacted Netaji, who called me to the party state headquarters.”
About Mukhtar’s status in SP, Afzal said: “All the public representatives and workers of QED are now in SP.”
On Mukhtar’s candidature, Afzal said: “If the party gives him a ticket, Mukhtar will contest as SP candidate.”
Afzal also said Mulayam has accepted his invitation to take part in a joint rally with Afzal in Mohammadabad Assembly segment of Ghazipur next month.