With the Narendra Modi government facing flak over its stand on triple talaq, BJP President Amit Shah today asked the partymen to make respect of women, besides development, an issue in the 2017 Assembly polls in Uttar Pradesh. Flagging off the third ‘Parivartan yatra’ from here, Shah said “There is another question to which people of Uttar Pradesh will have to give their verdict (in the coming Assembly polls).
“Should women in the country not get equal rights? SP, BSP and Congress will not speak on (triple talaq) but we do not have any fear. I want to say from this platform that in the coming polls, besides development and eradication of goondas, respect of women should be made a poll issue,” Shah said
He also asked the three parties to submit their affidavit on whether they back ‘triple talaq’ or not. Asking whether the Centre’s stand before the Supreme Court upholding the dignity and honour of the women and doing away with the triple talaq should have been taken or not, Shah said every single party worker will make women aware that Modi government is committed for their development, honour and rights.
Slamming Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi, Shah alleged that with his stand on the surgical strike, he has made a mockery of the bravery and sacrifice of army jawans.
“People of the country are proud of the army and the will power of Narendra Modi for carrying out surgical strikes in Pakistani soil and saving the borders,” he added.
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn