TO WOO Brahmins, the BJP set to start a series of public meetings, named Sankalp Sabhas, across UP where leaders, along with locals, will take a pledge to bring BJP to power in the Assembly polls early next year.
BJP national president Amit Shah will address the first Sankalp Sabha in ruling SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav’s home turf, Etawah, on October 27. Former BSP MP Brajesh Pathak, who joined BJP in August, is organising the event in coordination with the local party unit. The Shah rally has been organised at Numaish ground in Etawah — around 18 km from Saifai.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
“Sankalp Sabhas are being planned in those Assembly segments, where the Brahmin population is dominant… It is said that Etawah is the stronghold of SP. By holding a massive rally here, we will send out a message that BJP can win all Assembly seats in Etawah and also come to power in the state with absolute majority in the 2017 polls,” said Pathak.
He had recently camped in Etawah over a span of four days to appeal to the people to attend the rally.
Etawah district has three assembly segments, all of which SP had won in the 2012 Assembly elections. SP state president Shivpal Yadav is the MLA from Jaswant Nagar constituency of Etawah. While Brahmins are the dominant population in Etawah, they are followed by Muslims, Lodhi and Thakurs. Another constituency in the district, Bharthana, is reserved for Scheduled Castes and is dominated by dalits. But Brahmins are the second largest caste in the area.
BJP’s Etawah district president, Shiv Mahesh Dubey, said the party wants to ensure a gathering of at least 35,000 people at the event. “This Sankalp Sabha will spread the message that BJP is in a strong position ahead of the Assembly polls. People from Etawah are being invited but party supporters from Auraiyya could also attend the programme,” he added.
BJP’s Ashok Dohrey had won Lok Sabha election from Etawah in 2014. BJP had then got the maximum number votes in all assembly segments.