TO WOO Brahmins, the BJP set to start a series of public meetings, named Sankalp Sabhas, across UP where leaders, along with locals, will take a pledge to bring BJP to power in the Assembly polls early next year.
BJP national president Amit Shah will address the first Sankalp Sabha in ruling SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav’s home turf, Etawah, on October 27. Former BSP MP Brajesh Pathak, who joined BJP in August, is organising the event in coordination with the local party unit. The Shah rally has been organised at Numaish ground in Etawah — around 18 km from Saifai.
“Sankalp Sabhas are being planned in those Assembly segments, where the Brahmin population is dominant… It is said that Etawah is the stronghold of SP. By holding a massive rally here, we will send out a message that BJP can win all Assembly seats in Etawah and also come to power in the state with absolute majority in the 2017 polls,” said Pathak.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
He had recently camped in Etawah over a span of four days to appeal to the people to attend the rally.
Etawah district has three assembly segments, all of which SP had won in the 2012 Assembly elections. SP state president Shivpal Yadav is the MLA from Jaswant Nagar constituency of Etawah. While Brahmins are the dominant population in Etawah, they are followed by Muslims, Lodhi and Thakurs. Another constituency in the district, Bharthana, is reserved for Scheduled Castes and is dominated by dalits. But Brahmins are the second largest caste in the area.
BJP’s Etawah district president, Shiv Mahesh Dubey, said the party wants to ensure a gathering of at least 35,000 people at the event. “This Sankalp Sabha will spread the message that BJP is in a strong position ahead of the Assembly polls. People from Etawah are being invited but party supporters from Auraiyya could also attend the programme,” he added.
BJP’s Ashok Dohrey had won Lok Sabha election from Etawah in 2014. BJP had then got the maximum number votes in all assembly segments.