A 24-year-old man, accused of theft, was tied to a pillar and beaten up by six policemen at Kotwali police station following which three of them were suspended.
Neeraj, a resident of Bilgram Chungi, had reportedly entered into a tiff with another inmate Thursday, police said.
- Kerala man beaten to death on suspicion of stealing food: Two detained, BJP calls for bandh
- Arthur Road Jail: Inmate’s wife says 6-year-old son kidnapped, blames ‘rival in jail’
- Odisha police station attacked, records burnt after death in custody
- Militants kill 2 cops in Srinagar hospital, free Lashkar-e-Toiba man
- Padmaavat violence: Constable held for helping main accused
- Saharanpur Police ‘inaction’: FIR against three suspended cops
The policemen on duty lost their cool and, after tying him up with a pillar, beat him up. The “atrocity” on the victim stopped after the policemen learnt that their action had been filmed by an onlooker.
SP Umesh Kumar Singh said that among the six policemen in the video, three have been suspended and dismissal of three others has been recommended. The man, meanwhile, got bail from the SDM court and was released Friday, the SP added.