A 60-year-old woman was stripped and tortured in a village under Tikonia Kotwali limits on Monday afternoon after her son ‘ran away’ with a girl, police said.
The woman’s face was blackened and chilly powder allegedly thrown in her private parts to ‘punish’ her, they said.
It was only when her husband ran to the villagers for help, the woman was rescued and police informed.
- Sultanpur: Two weeks after couple elopes, cops find bodies of youth’s parents
- Andhra Pradesh: Minor girl sexually assaulted by elderly man, outrage in Guntur
- Surat rape-murder case: Accused killed 11-year-old’s mother first, say Gujarat Police
- Surat: 11-year-old girl’s body found with 86 injuries, rape suspected
- Saharanpur: Accused of attempt to molest, man assaulted
- Mentally challenged woman gangraped, two arrested
Kheri SP Akhilesh Chaurasia said the son of the aggrieved woman had eloped with a girl from the accused family on Sunday which became a matter of dispute between them.
Both the families belong to the same village.
Chaurasia said an FIR has been lodged against five persons, including four women, who are absconding.