A 60-year-old woman was stripped and tortured in a village under Tikonia Kotwali limits on Monday afternoon after her son ‘ran away’ with a girl, police said.
The woman’s face was blackened and chilly powder allegedly thrown in her private parts to ‘punish’ her, they said.
It was only when her husband ran to the villagers for help, the woman was rescued and police informed.
- Haryana: 20-year-old married woman raped in Fatehabad
- Woman set on fire after rape by father-in-law, dies
- Son eloped, mother gangraped: ‘They made us strip, said won’t let us go until girl is found’
- Shamli woman ‘gangraped’ after her son ‘abducts’ girl
- Cops send teams to Mangaluru, Kolhapur to find woman ‘abducted’ while shopping
- 60-year-old woman killed for resisting rape in Rajasthan
Kheri SP Akhilesh Chaurasia said the son of the aggrieved woman had eloped with a girl from the accused family on Sunday which became a matter of dispute between them.
Both the families belong to the same village.
Chaurasia said an FIR has been lodged against five persons, including four women, who are absconding.