Three persons, including a 13-year-old boy, were killed and as many were injured when two motorcycles collided head-on in Rasulabad area in the Kanpur Dehat district, police said.
The accident took place in the evening of June 19 when Arun (20), a Rasulabad resident, was going on a motorcycle with his friends Brajesh (13) and Kallu (18). Their bike collided near Yadavnagar village with another speeding motorcycle on which B P Singh (18), Deepak (25) and Amit were traveling, they said.
- UP rights panel probes 4 encounters with 1 FIR script: Suspects on bikes fired at cops
- 18 held in 10 encounters over 24 hrs, say UP police
- Amethi: Businessman shot dead over ‘old enmity’, two arrested
- Man killed after truck collides with bike in Wadala
- 21 year old snatches phone, mowed down moments later
- Truck-tempo collision: PAC Jawan dead, several injured
Due to the impact of the collision, six pillion riders fell off from the bike leaving them injured.
Police reached the spot and rushed the injured to hospital where Brajesh, Arun and Amit were declared dead. The three others who were critically injured have been sent to the district hospital.
The bodies have been sent for postmortem.