Senior union minister Prakash Javadekar, also BJP election-in-charge for Manipur, has asked his ministerial colleagues to visit the poll-bound state before November 20 to highlight various programmes undertaken by their respective departments and the party.
In his letters to ministers, Javadekar has also sought information about the various programmes, schemes and budget allocated to the state by the BJP-led central government since May 2014.
“Manipur polls will happen in January 2017 and the Model Code of Conduct will be imposed around November 20,” he said and requested them to visit the state for 24 hours during which there should be a government function as well as one organised by the party.
Noting that the party has identified 36 places in 12 districts of Manipur, the HRD minister also said that if they could travel outside Manipur’s capital Imphal, it would be better.
Javadekar has also asked the ministers to give him details about the various programmes, schemes and budget allocated to the state after formation of the BJP-led central government in May 2014.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
He also asked them to mention about the kind of support they got from the state government in carrying out the schemes as well as reasons for those schemes which could not be implemented. Currently, there is a Congress government in the state.
Last month, Union Minister Jitendra Singh had spent two days in the state and announced Centre’s plan to launch first of its kind ‘mobile air dispensary’ service for the Northeast, with a helicopter, fitted with medical equipment and doctors on board, flying in remote areas for the benefit of people.
Singh had also discussed issues related to Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s announcement to set-up a sports university in Manipur and sought an expeditious decision on allotment of land for setting it up.