A group of unemployed youths staged a protest at the BJP state headquarters Friday demanding that the government announce the date for Recruitment Cum Eligibility Exam for Teachers (REET) and make a change in the exam pattern to include general knowledge questions.
Police resorted to a lathicharge to dispel the protesters.
Upen Yadav, who was leading the protest, said that police conducted the lathicharge without giving any prior warning or time to the youths to disperse. He alleged that around a dozen protesters were injured and the police, instead of taking them to hospital, took them to Baasi police station on the outskirts of Jaipur.
- Lathicharge on left workers: Police attack ‘murder of democracy’, says CPM
- Kolkata: Police lathicharge Left workers on way to Lalbazar, CPM says ‘unprovoked’
- Youth Congress protests outside Giriraj Singh’s house
- Sachin Pilot injured in police lathicharge; 9 MLAs suspended from budget session
- Youth Congress members clash with police during anti Modi protest
- Police lathicharge BJP's youth wing activists during protest over law and order situation in UP
Police officials, however, claimed that they tried to reason with the protesters, who did not have permission to stage a demonstration. But the youths got violent and started pelting stones, due to which the police had to resort to lathicharge.
Meanwhile, Rajasthan state Congress president Sachin Pilot condemned the lathicharge. He said that the BJP during elections had promised to conduct REET but when the unemployed youth went to the party’s state headquarters during public hearing to ask for the same, they had to face cane charge.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Pilot also said that crime rate was increasing in the state due to BJP government’s insensitive working and criminals are getting bolder by the day.
Pilot also alleged that data from the national and state crime record bureau showed that crimes and barbarity against Dalits were at an all time high.