In a joint operation, security forces apprehended two active cadre of the banned United Liberation Front of Asom (Independent) from Changlang district of Arunachal Pradesh. The joint team of Assam police and Jairampur Battalion of Assam Rifles under the aegis of Dao Division apprehended the ULFA men from Jairampur on Assam-Arunachal Pradesh border on Tuesday, an Assam Rifles release said today.
The arrested duo was identified as Sarat Mohan and Chiteshwar Chetia.
During interrogation, they revealed that they were given specific tasks by Arun Dahotia of ULFA (I) to carry out extortion and recruit new cadre to strengthen the banned outfit, the release claimed, adding they said the organisation was planning to abduct a local businessman for ransom.
They also revealed the presence of an overground worker, Monto Sonowal of Duliajan Village in Assam, who was apprehended from Phulbari.
A revolver along with ammunition and Rs 8,000 have been recovered from the cadre who were later handed over to police, the release said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016