Two Sri Lankan navy vessels on Saturday embarked on a seven-day training and goodwill visit to India. Offshore Patrol Vessel SLNS ‘Sayura’ and Fast Missile Vessel SLNS ‘Suranimala’ will visit Cochin Port from October 22-28 to take part in a series of training programmes.
Watch What Else is Making News
More than 300 navy personnel, including 12 midshipmen undergoing sea training, are scheduled to take part in the visit, the Sri Lankan Navy said.
The visit would allow them to meet and interact with their Indian counterparts, strengthening the bilateral relations and friendship between the two navies, it said.
The crew will visit a number of training schools under the Indian Southern Naval Command, including INS Venduruthy and INS Dronacharya, and take part in a wide range of training programmes, covering a wide spectrum of activities.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016