Two prisoners escaped from Warangal Central jail in the wee hours saturday by jumping off the prison wall using bedsheets as a rope, a senior officer said.
“Rajesh Yadav (27) and Sainik Singh (27) escaped by using their bedsheets as a rope and jumping off the walls of the jail,” said G Kesava Naidu, DIG, Jails, Warangal Range.
Rajesh, a native of Jahanabad district of Bihar, was convicted for murder, while Sainik, who belonged to Uttar Pradesh, was convicted under the Army Act in court martial proceedings.
They were shifted from Cherlapalli jail in Hyderabad to Warangal Central jail two months ago. Warangal Central Jail is located in the middle of Warangal city and is surrounded by residential colonies. A hunt is on for the escaped prisoners, the officer said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More