Two minor Dalit girls who were allegedly kidnapped by two youths from Ambedkar Nagar district nearly a month ago were today rescued from a guest house here, police said.
“Both the girls were recovered from Nagla Chandra Bhan-based guest house under Farah Police Station along with Prince, a youth,” ASP Anupam Singh said.
According to police, the two girls, aged 16 and 17, were lured and abducted by two youth — Prince and Ankit –resident of village Mahamadpur in Ambedkar Nagar district on June 11.
- Kannauj: Youth held for ‘sodomising, killing’ two boys, rape attempt
- ‘Abducted’ 4 years ago, 15-year-old, a mother of 2 now, rescued
- 16-year-old girl kidnapped from Bihar rescued by Thane crime branch
- Shamli woman ‘gangraped’ after her son ‘abducts’ girl
- Four minors raped in separate incidents in UP
- Police detain four in Karnataka Dalit girl’s ‘rape’ and murder
Since then the two girls had been living in aforesaid guest house.
Since location of both the minor girls was found in Mathura, SSP Ambedkar Nagar had requested his Mathura counterpart Babloo Kumar for nabbing them, the ASP said, adding the girls were rescued by the Highway Police.
The police of Ambedkar Nagar is likely to reach here tonight.
“Both the girls and the youth, Prince, would be handed over to Ambedkar Nagar Police,” the Singh said.
Meanwhile, according to police of Ibrahimpur police station, both the accused youth have been booked under POCSO (Protection of Children from Sexual Offences) and SC/ST Acts, as both the girls are Dalit.
According to police of Ibrahimpur police station hunt for Ankit is on.