The main accused in the Dadri lynching case, Vishal and Shyam, were arrested today afternoon, according to news agency ANI. After a public outcry over the incident, the police had previously arrested six and launched a manhunt to nab others involved in the murder of a 50-year-old man.
Mohammed Akhlaq was dragged out of his house along with his son by a mob for allegedly consuming beef. The mob beat Akhlaq to death and his son was hospitalised.
- BJP leader’s son accused in Dadri lynching granted bail by Allahabad HC
- Dadri lynching: Plea in court for FIR against Akhlaq’s kin
- Dadri lynching: Meat at crime scene is of a cow, claims report, govt says won’t affect case
- Dadri lynching: Unhappy with probe, residents lock down college
- Dadri lynching: Father of accused, village chief call ‘mahapanchayat’ to seek CBI probe
- BJP leader’s son among 15 named in Dadri lynching chargesheet
The Uttar Pradesh government announced a compensation of Rs 10 lakh for the family of the victim and ensured a speedy probe in the case.