Two members of the dreaded terror group Islamic State (IS) who were plotting attacks on Pakistan Army’s buildings and other security installations have been arrested from the Punjab province here.
The Counter Terrorism Department (CTD) of Punjab Police arrested the IS members yesterday from the Lahore Cantonment area where they were planning to target some army buildings, a CTD spokesman said.
“CTD received intelligence reports that some terrorists were planning to attack sensitive government installations in the cantonment area and other parts of the city,” he said.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
The CTD team raided a house and arrested two suspected terrorists and shifted them to an investigation centre for interrogation.
He said they also recovered a sizable amount of explosives, accessories, including cord, electric circuits, batteries and detonators. The CTD official said both suspects belonged to banned IS group. Last month, the CTD had arrested over a dozen members of IS from different parts of the Punjab province.