Ten coaches of the Jhelum Express derailed in the early hours of Tuesday morning near Ludhiana, leaving three people injured. Four trains along the route were subsequently cancelled.
The front portion of the train including the engine and 8 coaches has been moved to the next station and the rear coaches have been moved to Phillor. Arrangements are being made by the railway authorities for the passengers to continue their journey.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The train was on its way to Pune when it went off the tracks. Additional Director General (ADG) of Railways Anil Saxena said that rescue operations were underway. “Senior officials, medical and relief team have reached the accident site. Rescue and restoration work underway,” said Saxena. “Accident resulted in blockage of traffic on both sides, information on trains to be cancelled and diverted is made available by Northern Railway,” he added. Meanwhile, the Divisional Railway Manager, Ferozepur along with other senior officials have reached the site.
The four trains that have been cancelled due to the derailment are- Jalandhar-New Delhi Intercity, Amritsar- New Delhi Intercity, Amritsar-Haridwar Janshatabdi and Amritsar-Chandigarh Superfast.