Two bakery employees were on Wednesday arrested under the Official Secrets Act after they were allegedly found video shooting in the Air Force station premise in Lohegaon area here, police said.
The two accused–Juber Alam Abdul Rauf Ansari (25) and Saiuddin Ansari (41)–hail from Uttar Pradesh and are working at a bakery in Vimanagar, an official attached to the Airport Police Station said.
Watch What Else is Making news
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
“They were entrusted to deliver 600 patties (a snack) at the Officers’ Mess in Air Force Station premises last evening. While coming and going in their van, Juber, with the help of his cell phone, started video shooting of the Air Force station premise, where photography or video shooting is prohibited,” said the official.
“However, a patrolling team of the station spotted Juber and signalled the duo to stop the vehicle. However, they tried to flee the spot and after a brief chase, the security officials caught hold of them,” he said.
As per the official, when the cell phone was screened, footage of the Air Force station area was found.
“Since the duo could not give satisfactory answers as to why they carried out the video shooting and ultimately tried to escape, the security officials decided to hand them over to police,” he said.
Assistant Security Officer of the Air Force station registered a complaint following which a case under section 3 (penalties for spying) of The Official Secrets Act, 1923 was registered in this regard.
“Beside police, other agencies like the Intelligence Bureau too are investigating the matter,” he said.
The official said the background of the accused is being probed.