In similar incidents, two Vaishno Devi bound pilgrims, a woman and a man, died after allegedly suffering a heart attack in Katra town of Reasi district of Jammu and Kashmir.
According to a police officer, Deendayal Gupta, 64-year-old from Delhi, fell unconscious on Sunday near Himkoti and was taken to a nearby dispensary where doctors declared him dead on arrival.
- Two women forced to eat human excreta for ‘practising witchcraft’ in Jharkhand
- Facebook post about deplorable state of animals in Vaishno Devi creates huge outcry; official refutes claims
- Jammu: Elderly woman en route to Vaishno Devi dies of heart attack
- Vaishno Devi pilgrim from Maharashtra dies due to heart attack
- Vaishno Devi: Woman pilgrim suffers heart attack, dies
- Two Vaishnodevi pilgrims die of heart attack
In the other incident on the same day, Rajeshwari Devi, 65-year-old woman from Uttarakhand, fell unconscious near Gate Number 3 on the way to the ‘Bhavan’ and was taken to nearby dispensary where doctors declared her dead on arrival.
Cause of death in both the cases seems to be cardiac arrest, the officer said, adding that a case has been registered and the bodies have been handed to the families.