By-poll for one seat of Zilla Parishad, two Panchayat Samities and 44 Gram Panchayats in eight districts of Tripura would be held on December 21, official sources said.
State Election Commissioner, G Kameswar Rao said official notification for the by-polls would be issued Thursday and the entire process of the by-polls would be completed by December 26.
“As the by-polls would be held in 25 blocks across eight districts of the state the Block Development Officers (BDO) would be appointed as Returning officers for the Gram Panchayats and Panchayat Samities. Election for only one Zilla Parishad in Unakoti district would be held and in that case the District Magistrate of Unakoti District would act as Returning officer”, Rao told reporters last night.
He said altogether 28,692 voters are eligible to exercise their franchise in the by-polls.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More