With the announcement of bypoll in two Assembly constituencies in Tripura on November 19, two political parties in the state have announced their candidates.
Jhumu Sarkar of the ruling CPI-M and Prakash Das, a Trinamool Congress candidate and a former minister, would contest from Barja (SC reserved constituency here.
The seat fell vacant after Congress MLA Jiten Sarkar resigned from the post.
Ruling CPI-M candidate Biswajit Datta, a state committee member of CPI-M and TMC candidate Manoj Das would contest from Khowai Assembly constituency in Khowai district.
The seat fell vacant after the death of CPI(M) MLA Samir Deb Sarkar on August 28 last.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Left Front Chairman Khagen Das also a former MP and Central Committee member of CPI-M said the decision to field the two candidates were taken unanimously at the meeting of the Left Front Committee last night.
TMC leader and Leader of the Opposition Sudip Roy Burman told reporters that he had appealed to opposition Congress and BJP not to field any candidate against TMC candidates to show an united face of the opposition politicalnparties against the ruling Left Front.
“We are hopeful that we would win the elections if we can put up united candidates against the Left Front”, he added.
The result of the elections would be announced on November 22 and the formal notifications for the elections would be made on October 26 by ECI.