With the announcement of bypoll in two Assembly constituencies in Tripura on November 19, two political parties in the state have announced their candidates.
Jhumu Sarkar of the ruling CPI-M and Prakash Das, a Trinamool Congress candidate and a former minister, would contest from Barja (SC reserved constituency here.
The seat fell vacant after Congress MLA Jiten Sarkar resigned from the post.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Ruling CPI-M candidate Biswajit Datta, a state committee member of CPI-M and TMC candidate Manoj Das would contest from Khowai Assembly constituency in Khowai district.
The seat fell vacant after the death of CPI(M) MLA Samir Deb Sarkar on August 28 last.
Left Front Chairman Khagen Das also a former MP and Central Committee member of CPI-M said the decision to field the two candidates were taken unanimously at the meeting of the Left Front Committee last night.
TMC leader and Leader of the Opposition Sudip Roy Burman told reporters that he had appealed to opposition Congress and BJP not to field any candidate against TMC candidates to show an united face of the opposition politicalnparties against the ruling Left Front.
“We are hopeful that we would win the elections if we can put up united candidates against the Left Front”, he added.
The result of the elections would be announced on November 22 and the formal notifications for the elections would be made on October 26 by ECI.