With a fortnight left for the by-polls for two Assembly seats in Tripura, major political parties are roping in prominent political personalities to reach out to voters for the November 19 voting. Union Minister of State for Urban Development Babul Supriyo and BJP MP from West Bengal Roopa Ganguly would campaign for the by-polls in Tripura, a BJP spokesperson said on Saturday. “Both the leaders have confirmed their participation for campaigning for the by-polls for Barjala and Khowai Assembly seats. However, the date is yet to be confirmed. They would be reaching from Kolkata within a day or two,” BJP spokesperson, Mrinal Kanti Deb told the reporters.
Besides the two leaders, Assam Finance Minister Himanta Biswa Sharma, who is also the Convener of the North-East Democratic Alliance, would also participate in the campaign. Major political parties like the ruling Left Front,opposition Congress, opposition Trinamool Congress (TMC) and BJP have fielded their candidates for the by-polls. The last date of withdrawal of nominations would expire on Saturday. Deb said, besides campaigning, Sharma would also hold talks with two tribal based political parties – Indigenous Nationalist Party of Tripura (INPT) and Indigenous People’s Front of Tripura (IPFT) for formation of an alliance with BJP for the state Assembly elections due in March 2018.
Trinamool Congress spokesman and former leader of the opposition, Sudip Roy Burman said, TMC leader Mukul Roy and two MLAs of TMC in West Bengal, Shilabhadra Datta and Manas Majumder have arrived in the state today to take part in the campaign. TPCC President Birajit Sinha said, C P Joshi, a former minister and AICC in-charge of north-east would soon visit the state and participate in the campaign. Chief Minister Manik Sarkar of ruling CPI(M) is also electioneering for the by-polls. The Khowai seat fell vacant after the death of the CPI-M MLA Samir Deb Sarkar on August 28 last and the Barjala (SC reserved) seat fell vacant due to resignation of Congress
MLA, Jitendra Sarkar a few months ago due to internal feud.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review