The West Bengal chief minister Mamata Banerjee on Saturday said the Trinamool Congress party would support the central government on GST in parliament but it had “some” reservations about the Land bill. “After all, the land movement had begun from West Bengal,” she reminded adding that the West Bengal government was always in favour of a healthy federal structure.
She was speaking to the media persons after the Bengal Global business summit which ended on Saturday in Kolkata. Media representatives asked Mamata Banerjee if the business summit was an occasion to improve ties between the central government and the state as a large number of BJP government ministers turned up and praised the chief minister.
Mamata Banerjee said: “I always believe in the federal structure. It is like a parent-child relation”. “Politics has a different destination and business and governance have a different destination. We will continue to support federalism,“ she added.
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq