A week after meeting with an accident, Trinamool Congress MP Abhishek Banerjee on Tuesday underwent a surgery for “orbital floor fracture” under the supervision of specialists.
Sources at Belle Vue Clinic said the operation was done under full anaesthesia in three steps over three-and-a-half hours. In the first step, the operation was on the eye, which had received a minor injury. The second and most important step was to fix a thin titanium plate, fixed with four screws of four millimetre in length. After that, a force duction test was carried out to test whether the eye was affected by the plate. In the third step, plastic and maxillofacial surgeons ensured that no scars would remain by grafting tissue under the eye.
The patient showed no cardiac or neurological problems, but heart surgeons were kept on standby in case of erratic pulse, a bulletin released by the hospital where he is admitted said.
A 12-member team was formed under Dr Sukumar Mukherjee, comprising orbital surgeon Dr Anirban Bhaduri and Dr Sanchita Roy, maxillofacial surgeons Amit Roy and Kamleshwar Kothari, plastic surgeon Rajen Tandon, heart surgeons Dr Manotosh Panja and SB Roy, retinal specialists Abhijit Chattopadhyay and S P Das and anaesthetists Tapas Chakraborty and Chandrima Gangopadhyay.
The operation ended at about 4 pm, and Abhishek was shifted to a general bed. Doctors said the operation was successful, and he not on oxygen support. At about 4.30 pm, Mamata came to the hospital to see Abhishek. “As per protocol, for the next seven days, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee’s nephew Abhishek, shall be under strict observation for post-operation care, covering pain relief, infection control etc… No visitors shall be allowed for at least the next 72 hours,” Belle Vue Clinic CEO P Tondon said.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review