Industrialists, politicians, socialites and Bollywood personalities today joined in condoling the death of Parmeshwar Godrej, who they described as a warm hearted philanthropist. Parmeshwar, 70, wife of Godrej Group Chairman Adi Godrej, breathed her last at Breach Candy Hospital here last night following a degenerative lung illness.
One of the first air hostesses of Air India, Parmeshwar was known as the dynamic face of the Godrej clan.
Cricketer and Pakistani politician Imran Khan tweeted: “Devastated by death of close friend, Parmeshwar Godrej, last night: she was always there for me in my most difficult times.”
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Former MP and union minister Milind Deora offered condolences to Adi Godrej and their children Tanya, Nisa and Pirojsha.
“Will miss Parmeshwar Godrej, one of the warmest/toughest people I knew,” he said.
Bollywood actor Vivek Oberoi said: “Deeply saddened to hear about Parmeshwar Godrej #RIP She was a committed crusader against HIV, a philanthropist with a golden heart!”
“Parmeshwar Godrej was more than the sum of her parts. She was warm generous n almost childlike under that starry sharp,” tweeted Shabana Azmi.
RPG Enterprises Chairman Harsh Goenka said, “She was warm, generous, a friend, my guru in my passion for art, humanitarian and a society beacon. Will miss her.”
Maharashtra government minister Pankaja Gopinath Munde termed Parmeshwar as “a true icon in spreading smile, joy among all. RIP !!”
Biocon Chairman and Managing Director Kiran Mazumdar Shaw said, “The world will miss her radiant presence RIP Heartfelt condolences to Adi Godrej n family.”
Fashion designer Ritu Beri said: “Deeply saddened to learn glamorous, stylish w genuine class Parmeshwar Godrej passed away. She will be greatly missed. RIP.”
Film-maker Farah Khan tweeted that she had lost a close family friend.
Anupam Kher said “#ParmeshwarGodrej was a larger than life lady. She gave style & glamour a new dimension. Her charity work was great. She’ll be missed. RIP”
“Deeply saddened & shocked to hear that Parmeshwar Godrej passed away. She was one of the most vivacious & energetic women I have known #RIP,” said Sameera Reddy.
Film-maker Madhur Bhandarkar described her as “one of the most gracious & down to earth person i knew. You will be missed.#RIP.”