Senior BSF and police officers on Monday paid tributes to a BSF jawan killed in a militant attack on security forces in Baramulla district of north Kashmir.
Coffin carrying the body of constable Nitin Kumar, wrapped in tri-colour, was brought to BSF Subsidiary Training Centre Humhama near Srinagar Airport where Additional Director General of BSF Arun Kumar and Special Director General of Jammu and Kashmir police (coordination and law and order) S P Vaid joined other ranks and offered floral tributes to the jawan.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
After the wreath laying ceremony, the body of the BSF personnel was sent to his hometown in Uttar Pradesh, officials said. The jawan was killed and another injured when militants attacked their camp and a nearby Army unit in Baramulla district town, 55 kms from Srinagar, on Sunday night.