A train connecting Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s ancestral village Bateshwar with Etawah was today flagged off, 16 years after the former prime minister had laid the foundation stone for this project.
The train was flagged off by Union Minister of State for railways Manoj Sinha and union MoS for human resources Ram Shankar Katheria this afternoon. Sinha said that the government has made big investments for accelerated growth of the railway network and that the rail and goods traffic has increased substantially.
- Exhibition at Nehru Memorial: Pose for photo with Atal Bihari Vajpayee, see PV Narasimha Rao deliver speech
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath promises more Metros, airport and flats
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee's biopic Yugpurush Atal announced on his 93rd birthday
- Nitish Kumar greets former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee on his 93rd birthday
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee turns 93, PM Modi hails his 'visionary leadership'
- Union Minister Manoj Sinha launches several railway projects in Odisha
“In five years, the outlay will cross Rs 8 lakh crores,” he said.
The Union minister said that all the important stations in the country will be provided with broad band and made Wi-Fi enabled connection.
Local BJP leaders said that the new train will open new avenues for development in the backward region bordering Chambal.