A train connecting Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s ancestral village Bateshwar with Etawah was today flagged off, 16 years after the former prime minister had laid the foundation stone for this project.
The train was flagged off by Union Minister of State for railways Manoj Sinha and union MoS for human resources Ram Shankar Katheria this afternoon. Sinha said that the government has made big investments for accelerated growth of the railway network and that the rail and goods traffic has increased substantially.
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee's name removed from Lucknow voter list. Here is why
- India a fast growing economy, one should not forget facts: Rajnath on Yashwant Sinha article
- Vadodara-Varanasi train to be flagged off by Modi on Friday
- Vijay Goel shares throwback photo with Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- Post-Reshuffle: Key eco ministries get stronger Cabinet foothold
- Union Minister Manoj Sinha launches several railway projects in Odisha
“In five years, the outlay will cross Rs 8 lakh crores,” he said.
The Union minister said that all the important stations in the country will be provided with broad band and made Wi-Fi enabled connection.
Local BJP leaders said that the new train will open new avenues for development in the backward region bordering Chambal.