A direct train service between Agartala and Sealdah was launched on Saturday without any official inaugural programme. The train, on Saturday started from Agartala railway station at 5:15 AM and Chief Inspector of Traffic of NF Railway, Badarpur circle, accompanied the passengers in the train. Chief Engineer of NF Railway, Harpal Singh, said the train is scheduled to reach Sealdah station at 7:25 PM on Sunday.
NF Railway Chief Public Relations Officer Pranav Jyoti Sharma said, the Kanchanjunga Express would leave from Agartala for Sealdah via Guwahati and Silchar twice a week– Tuesdays and Saturdays–and leave from Sealdah for Agartala on Sundays and Thursdays. It will stop at 35 stations including Silchar, Guwahati, New Bongaigaon, New Coochbehar, New Jalpaiguri, Malda Town and Bolpur Shantiniketan. The train will cover the 1,556 km journey in 38 hours.
Tripura entered the broad gauge railway map of the country on July 31 with Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu flagging off the Agartala-New Delhi ‘Tripura Sundari Express’.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations