With the nomination of Senate elections insight, various individuals are lobbying for a place in the highest governing body of the Panjab University. For the first time, there are also members of the non-teaching staff who are vying for multiple seats in the senate. The members of the Senate is part of the various committees that the university makes to conduct inspections and other matters pertaining to PU.
Ever year, an Ex-officio member of the non-teaching staff gets nominated for one year in the Senate. However, this year sources say that they are looking for atleast 5 nominations and four years of full tenure. A total of 3,000 non-teaching staff members are there in the University, out of which 500 are present in 200 various colleges affiliated with Panjab University, while the rest 2,500 are present in the university.
The politicians in the fray include sitting member of Parliament Kirron Kher, BJP leader Satya Pal Jain, former MP Pawan Kumar Bansal, BJP president Sanjay Tandon, senior Deputy Mayor Davesh Moudgill and brother of former Cabinet Minister Kapil Sibal, Vinod Kumar Sibal are also eying a birth in the senate. Former Vice Chancellors Dr KN Pathak, Dr RP Bambah along with Centre for Research in Rural and Industrial Development(CRRID) Executive Vice Chairman Rashpal Malhotra are also in the fray.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Apart from them, faculty members Yograj Angrish, Chief Security Officer Jatinder Grover, Dean Student Welfare(women) Nandita Singh, Remployed Professor Madhu Raka from mathematics department, Principal Shri Guru Gobind Singh College for Women Sector 26 Charanjit Kaur Sohi, Punam Suri President of Dav Managing Committee, Anil Monga Coordinator of centre for Police Administration(UIEASS) and Dean Alumini relations are most likely to feature in the list of nominated people being sent by the Vice Chancellor.