Punjab may take pride in the fact that it was among the top five leading states to construct household toilets, as per the Centre’s list. But, cops stationed in the native village of Punjab CM Parkash Singh Badal are facing a tough time due to non-availability of restrooms.
A company of 75 Punjab Armed Police battalion is posted in and around Badal village. The cops had brought the matter to the notice of Muktsar senior Superintendent of Police Gurpreet Singh Gill to seek redressal. The matter was discussed in a meeting of armed battalions held at Jalandhar last month where the “hardships” being faced by the cops while being on duty were pointed out.
- Day after death, SAD worker’s kin get Rs 10 lakh
- The Badals of Punjab
- Punjab: Shoe thrown at Parkash Singh Badal at rally
- Punjab: Parkash Singh Badal interrupted at Dalit rally
- Explain ‘secret meetings’ with KPS Gill: Khaira to Punjab CM
- Badal visits flood affected villages,blames Centre for not doing enough
Gill said the district police is aware of the issue. “I have taken up the matter with Muktsar deputy commissioner. I have been informed that district administration will get the restrooms made very soon and they will get in touch with public health department for the restrooms. We are planning to have mobile restrooms for the cops on duty at the nakas around the village,” he said.