Softening his stand somewhat on the Ram temple issue, presumably under pressure ahead of next year’s Assembly polls in Uttar Pradesh, Vishva Hindu Parishad’s national working president Pravin Togadia Friday said his organisation will not run any movement for construction of the temple in Ayodhya.
Togadia said the VHP hopes the Narendra Modi government will make way for the temple’s construction by making a law in Parliament.
Speculation had begun that the Parivar, along with other saffron outfits, will revive the Ram temple movement after a fresh lot of stones reached Ayodhya last month. They were purportedly meant to carve structures of the temple’s proposed design.
- #ExpressIntro | Attack in Burkina Faso, Start up India, Rahul Gandhi on GST: Latest news today
- Ram Temple will be true tribute to Ashok Singhal, says RSS chief
- VHP's yatras,an experiment that hasn't worked for an aloof BJP
- Want law to build Ram temple: Togadia
- Narendra Modi breathes new life into Ram mandir issue,set to visit Ayodhya
- VHP will declare Gujarat a Hindu state by 2015: Pravin Togadia
Addressing VHP workers at Dharma Raksha Nidhi Arpan, an event organised in the state capital to collect donation for organisational activities, Togadia said the Parishad has no role in polls, and the Ram temple is not a political issue. He said that an agitation is launched when an opponent is in the government. But with government of “our brother” (Narendra Modi) at the Centre, there is no need for VHP to start any movement or agitation, he said. Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, he added, does not need to worry.
According to Togadia, the Ram temple should be constructed in the same manner as Somnath Temple was built. “The Centre needs to call a joint session of Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha, like they were convened on the quota issue. If the Centre enacts a law, the VHP will start building the temple in Ayodhya immediately,” Togadia said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More