The Trinamool Congress Wednesday protested against the decision to refer the sting operation issue to the Ethics Committee.
“This is unprecedented. This is a conspiracy hatched by the BJP and CPM… We are not questioning the decision of the Speaker, but our colleagues have already registered a very strong protest,” said the party’s national spokesperson Derek O’brien.
- 20 TMC leaders want to join us: BJP
- TMC to boycott govt's all-party meet on July 16
- West Bengal communal flare up: TMC asks Governor to not instigate people
- TMC draws Oppn dividing line, will not press for resignations
- BJP using CBI to pressure TMC MPs to quit or face jail: Mamata
- Bengal needs a patriotic govt that doesn’t save the Burdwan blast culprits: Amit Shah
Drawing on its strategy during the Saradha scam, the TMC held a protest in Parliament against the Aadhaar Bill to corner the government. But it was left red-faced after two of its MPs — Sugata Bose and Dinesh Trivedi — did not turn up.
“All MPs, who are in Delhi, were expressly told to be present today for the protest. Two MPs did not turn up. Their absence has been noted and will be reported to the leader,” said O’Brien.