The Trinamool Congress Wednesday protested against the decision to refer the sting operation issue to the Ethics Committee.
“This is unprecedented. This is a conspiracy hatched by the BJP and CPM… We are not questioning the decision of the Speaker, but our colleagues have already registered a very strong protest,” said the party’s national spokesperson Derek O’brien.
- TMC to continue fight against Aadhaar: Derek O'Brien
- Trinamool MPs protest in Parliament against linking Aadhaar with bank accounts
- Parliament Winter Session: 2019 faceoff in mind, Trinamool turns cold to Congress under Rahul Gandhi
- PM Narendra Modi vs 29 should be BJPs 2019 electoral strategy, says TMC leader Derek O'Brien
- Opposition plans joint protests on note ban anniversary
- BJP using CBI to pressure TMC MPs to quit or face jail: Mamata
Drawing on its strategy during the Saradha scam, the TMC held a protest in Parliament against the Aadhaar Bill to corner the government. But it was left red-faced after two of its MPs — Sugata Bose and Dinesh Trivedi — did not turn up.
“All MPs, who are in Delhi, were expressly told to be present today for the protest. Two MPs did not turn up. Their absence has been noted and will be reported to the leader,” said O’Brien.