Three structures, including a government building and the house of a Special Police Officer (SPO), were gutted under mysterious circumstances in separate incidents of fire in Kashmir Valley on Monday, police said. Fire broke out in the building of the Horticulture Department at Fruit Mandi in Parimpora area of the city, causing damage to the structure, a police officer said.
Watch what else is making news:
He said the house of SPO Naseer Ahmad Malik, posted in Dooru police station, was gutted in another fire incident at Hallan-Chogan village in Anantnag district of south Kashmir. In third incident, the officer said fire broke out in an abandoned house of a migrant pandit Inderjeet Kumar Bhat at Watrusu village of Achabal in Anantnag district, causing partial damage to it.
Police has registered separate cases and started investigations to ascertain the cause of the fire, the officer said, adding there was no report of any casulity in the incidents. Meanwhile, the officer said unidentified miscreants hurled a petrol bomb towards a road-side fruit vendor at New Colony area of Sopore in north Kashmir’s Baramulla district on Monday morning. However, no one was injured in the incident, he said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016