An army spokesperson Thursday said that three infiltration bids — two in Nowgam sector and one in Rampur sector — were foiled on the intervening night of October 5-6.
“Three infiltration bids were foiled in two separate sectors on the LoC in Jammu and Kashmir on the intervening night of October 5-6,” an army official said, adding that “the infiltration attempts were assisted by Pakistani posts.”
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Pakistani troops have resorted to unprovoked firing on the Indian side along the LoC at frequent intervals almost every day since the Indian Army’s Special Forces carried out surgical strikes on terror launch pads across the Line of Control. The strikes were conducted on September 29.
On Wednesday evening, Pakistani troops resorted to mortar shelling after a 12-hour lull at nearly 10 places in Akhnoor, Sunderbani and Mendhar sectors of Jammu division.
Meanwhile, security forces foiled an attack in north Kashmir’s Kupwara district, at an army camp located in Langate in Handwara region. There were two exchanges of gunfire in early hours of Thursday which resulted in the death of two militants.