Three labourers were killed on Tuesday when a boiler burst at a unit at Sankrail Industrial Park in Howrah district, police said.
The labourers were taking coal in the boiler when suddenly it burst this afternoon, a police officer said, adding they were declared dead at a nearby hospital.
- Delhi: 35-year-old dies in blaze at Karol Bagh factory
- Man dies after AC compressor bursts in Thane
- NTPC redux: Five killed in boiler explosion at sugar mill in Bihar, owner arrested
- NTPC redux: Boiler blast at Bihar sugar mill kills 4 labourers, owner arrested
- Rae Bareli NTPC blast: At least 20 killed, scores injured at Unchahar plant
- Blast at Vasai industrial unit kills 3
Some other labourers, present at the site, were injured. However, the exact number is not known yet, the officer said.
The management of the unit and Industrial Park authorities were not available for comments.