Three labourers were killed on Tuesday when a boiler burst at a unit at Sankrail Industrial Park in Howrah district, police said.
The labourers were taking coal in the boiler when suddenly it burst this afternoon, a police officer said, adding they were declared dead at a nearby hospital.
- 15 injured in Haryana oil mill explosion
- NTPC explosion: Death toll rises to 32, power plant probe committee to submit report in 30 days
- NTPC blast: Death toll reaches 29, early probe shows safety norms violated, boiler ops went wrong
- Rahul Gandhi visits NTPC plant in Rae Bareli; low turnout at Congress' public meeting in Gujarat
- Rae Bareli NTPC blast: At least 20 killed, scores injured at Unchahar plant
- Jetpur: Four labourers suffocated to death while cleaning sewage treatment plant
Some other labourers, present at the site, were injured. However, the exact number is not known yet, the officer said.
The management of the unit and Industrial Park authorities were not available for comments.