Three persons were on Monday arrested in connection with the murder of a 38-year-old local BJP leader who was shot and hacked to death allegedly by a group of people in Talegaon Dabhade near Pune, police said. The accused, identified as Bunty alias Shankar Dabhade, Sandip Pachpind and Sanju Pachpind (all local residents), have been arrested under relevant sections of IPC, police said.
“Besides these three accused, we have booked seven to eight people, including the main suspect and criminal on record, Shyam Dabhade, who has been spotted in one of the CCTV footages. A manhunt has been launched to trace the absconding assailants,” Additional Superintendent of Police Rajkumar Shinde said.
Sachin Shelke, former president of Talegaon Dabhade Municipal Council, was travelling in his car when assailants waylaid him near a petrol pump on Sunday. The attackers asked Shelke to get down from the car and fired a round at him and then attacked him with sharp-edged weapons before fleeing. The murder was a fallout of previous enmity, police said adding that Shelke and his family members had survived an attack in 2013.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Meanwhile, all the three arrested accused were produced in a local court in Maval tehsil, where they were remanded to police custody till October 24. Situation in and around Talegaon has been tense and heavy police force have been deployed there. The absconding accused Shyam Dabhade, who was also suspect in 2010 RTI activist Satish Shetty murder case, was booked in several cases, including extortion, attempt to murder.