Three minors, including a girl, drowned today in a dam at a village near here, police said. Siblings Vikas (9), Roshni (13) and Arjun, and their friend Meera (14) had gone to a reservoir in Kua village, 50 kms from district headquarters, for bathing, Barhi Police Station Inspector Omkar Tiwari told reporters.
After venturing into the water, Vikas started to drown and Roshni and Meera went close to save him but all of them drowned. Tiwari said the bodies have been retrieved from the water body and have been handed over to families after postmortem.
A case has been registered and further investigations are on, he added.
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations