Thousands paid their last respects to NSG officer Lt Col Niranjan Kumar in Bengaluru on Monday morning. Lt Col Niranjan was killed following a terrorist attack on the Pathankot IAF base.
His body was brought to the city in the early hours of Monday and was kept at his home before being taken to north Bengaluru’s BEL ground to enable people to pay homage.
Apart from friends and family members, students from various schools also turned up at the ground. “We used to play cricket in this ground before Niranjan joined the Army a few years ago. Unfortunately, I am here today to pay my last respects to him,” said Vishwas KV, a close friend of Niranjan’s brother Shashank.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
“Trekking was his favorite hobby. Boxing and basketball were his favorite sport. He was supposed to be here around January 26, but this unfortunate incident occurred. I and my other cousins were very fond of Niranjan. When he came home on leave we used to spend time with him,’’ said Sampath EK, Niranjan’s cousin. The body of Lt Col Niranjan was scheduled be taken to his native place in Kerala’s Palakkad district on Monday evening for the last rites.