Thousands paid their last respects to NSG officer Lt Col Niranjan Kumar in Bengaluru on Monday morning. Lt Col Niranjan was killed following a terrorist attack on the Pathankot IAF base.
His body was brought to the city in the early hours of Monday and was kept at his home before being taken to north Bengaluru’s BEL ground to enable people to pay homage.
Apart from friends and family members, students from various schools also turned up at the ground. “We used to play cricket in this ground before Niranjan joined the Army a few years ago. Unfortunately, I am here today to pay my last respects to him,” said Vishwas KV, a close friend of Niranjan’s brother Shashank.
“Trekking was his favorite hobby. Boxing and basketball were his favorite sport. He was supposed to be here around January 26, but this unfortunate incident occurred. I and my other cousins were very fond of Niranjan. When he came home on leave we used to spend time with him,’’ said Sampath EK, Niranjan’s cousin. The body of Lt Col Niranjan was scheduled be taken to his native place in Kerala’s Palakkad district on Monday evening for the last rites.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More