Taking on the politicians who cast “doubt” on the Army’s surgical strike across LoC, Union Minister Uma Bharti on Tuesday said such leaders should take “citizenship” of Pakistan.
“Those leaders who say that if Pakistan is demanding evidences about surgical strike, they should be given the evidences, such people should take the citizenship of Pakistan,” Bharti said, replying to a media query here.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
She was here to attend the centenary celebration of Central Water and Power Research Station (CWPRS).
The Congress had yesterday asked the government to put forth “credible” evidence of last week’s surgical strikes, carried out by the Army across the LoC, to “expose” Pakistan which has denied any such action.
Congress senior spokesman Anand Sharma had also sought to dismiss the claim that the surgical strikes on terrorist launch pads was the first such retaliation by the Indian Army, insisting that it had responded earlier too “as per the need or provocation”.
Mumbai Congress chief Sanjay Nirupam today raised doubt over the veracity of the Army’s surgical strikes suggesting it was “fake”, even as he accused BJP of indulging in politics over national interest.
“Every Indian wants surgical strikes against Pakistan but not a fake one to extract just political benefit by BJP. politics over national interest(sic),” Nirupam tweeted.
He also said it is upto the government to prove that the surgical strikes did take place.