Thieves broke into the Kadipur tehsil treasury here and decamped with Rs 1.15 crore, police said on Saturday. The incident took place late last night when thieves broke open the double locks of the treasury and fled away with the cash, they said.
The money amounting to Rs 1 crore was brought from the Bank of Baroda branch in Kadipur on Friday and was kept in the treasury along with Rs 15 lakh for disbursal among farmers for their land acquired for the Purvanchal expressway, police said.
Station officer of Kotwali Anil Sonekar and two constables have been placed under suspension for laxity, they said, adding one of the constables abstained from duty without informing the officers concerned, while the other was unaware of the theft.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Senior police and administrative officials have reached the spot and inquiry is going on, they said, adding an FIR has been filed in this connection.