A 75-year-old man was killed when a wall collapsed in a chawl on Tuesday morning in Mumbra Retibunder area, disaster management officials said.
The deceased identified as Ismail Jyotiba Kamble was buried after the wall of his house in a chawl came crashing down, Regional Disaster Management Cell chief Santosh Kadam said.
- Storms kill over 100 in Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan
- Mumbai: Two dead as Bhandup community toilet collapses into septic tank
- 375 trees collapse in four days of heavy rains
- Rain lets up, isolated heavy showers expected today
- One killed, 13 injured as gas cylinder explodes in Chembur
- Two killed,two hurt in Bhandup wall collapse
Kamble was residing in Room No 2 of Vishnu Namdeo Patil chawl.
Immediately after the incident, firemen from Mumbra along with the RDMC staff rushed to spot and extricated the body which was later sent for postmortem, the official said.
The city had witnessed heavy rainfall throughout Monday.