A Class-I officer of MSEDCL from Navi Mumbai who allegedly demanded and accepted a bribe of nearly Rs 50,000 has been arrested by the ACB, officials said on Tuesday.
The officer, Sandeep Chate (35), who is an Additional Executive Engineer at MSEDCL office at Belapur Sub Division was arrested last evening, ACB said in an official release.
Watch What Else Is Making News
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
DYSP B S Sonawane of the Navi Mumbai unit said that the officer had demanded and accepted the bribe money from the complainant for clearing the file for a new meter connection.
He was caught red-handed from his office after the ACB laid a trap when the aggrieved lodged a complaint.
The ACB said that an offence under sections 7, 12, 13(1),(d) and 13(2) of the Prevention of Corruption Act of 1988, had been registered against the alleged accused.