A local court on Friday awarded 10-year rigourous jail term to a 45-year-old man for raping his pregnant daughter-in-law, observing such offences are a threat to social fabric. The convict, a resident of Dinkarpada village in Bhiwandi taluka, was pronounced guilty by District Judge Mridula Bhatia, who sentenced him to ten-year rigourous imprisonment and also imposed a fine of Rs 500.
“The accused has breached the social trust imposed upon him by not only the victim but also society. If such offences are committed by family members, social fabric would not remain intact,” the Judge noted in her order.
Assistant Public Prosecutor Buleshwar Hinge said the incident took place on August 27, 2015 when most family members were out and the survivor and the convict were at home.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
The man asked his daughter-in-law to accompany him to their agriculture field. The woman, aged around 20, followed her father-in-law. On reaching the farm, he raped her, Hinge said, adding the survivor was pregnant at the time of the incident.
The survivor went to her mother’s house and narrated the incident after which a complaint of rape was filed at Padga Police Station and the accused arrested. The Judge dismissed the defence’s contention that a false case had been registered against the accused.