An acid-laden container truck overturned on the busy Ghodbunder road in Thane, Maharashtra on Wednesday morning and the leaking acid’s fumes spread in the area, prompting authorities to evacuate a school in the vicinity.
The speeding truck carrying several drums of hydrochloric acid toppled near the Gaimukh octroi post at around 8 AM, Thane Municipal Corporation’s Regional Disaster Management Cell chief Santosh Kadam said.
As a result, the acid from the drums started leaking.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
Since the acid fumes engulfed the entire area, a school and octroi post close to the mishap spot were closed and children and staff sent home, he said.
The truck driver sustained injuries in the mishap and was rushed to hospital.
The firemen and disaster management cell personnel rushed to the site, Kadam said, adding work was on to remove the truck from the road.
Meanwhile, another container truck also overturned in the same area. However, its driver and cleaner fled from the spot.