Suspected terrorists on Tuesday evening attacked a police station in Yaripora, Kulgam, news agency ANI reported. Details remain sketchy and there was no official confirmation on casualties, if any. The attack comes at a time of heightened tensions between Pakistan and India along the Line of Control. Pakistani army has been violating the 2003 ceasefire agreement by resorting to unprovoked heavy firing, targeting Indian posts.
“Unprovoked ceasefire violation by Pakistan in Pallanwalla sector came at 1.35 pm,” said a Defence Ministry spokesman Lt Colonel Manish Mehta. Adding that Indian troops were also retaliating, he said that there had been no casualty or damage on the Indian side.
Indian Army has retaliated with mortar shells and small arms fire. In the last 24 hours, Pakistan has violated the ceasefire at least four time.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
More details awaited.