After an intelligence input on suspected movement of terrorists, security agencies issued a red alert across Gujarat on Saturday. The input stated that around 10 terrorists were suspected to have infiltrated from across the border into Gujarat. This comes after three Pakistani boats were found on the shores in Kutch district. The BSF found the third abandoned boat late on Friday.
Sources in security agencies said there was information of 10 terrorists entering Gujarat. A top police officer said limited information had been received from the agencies, stating “terrorists have entered Gujarat and this is serious”. He, however, said there was no specific information about their location. He said in view of the attack in Pathankot, state police has been asked to remain alert.
- Pak fisherman held in Kutch with boat
- BSF apprehends Pakistani fisherman and a boat in Kutch district of Gujarat
- BSF patrol apprehends 2 Pakistanis & 3 boats near Kutch border; fires five rounds
- BSF detains 18 Pakistani fishermen off Gujarat coast
- Terror alert based on phone intercept, Pak NSA’s inputs
- Pakistan NSA warned Ajit Doval of 26/11-type hit on Maha Shivratri
Surat Range police has issued notification of carrying out vehicle checking at different places, including entry and exit points of Surat, Navsari, Dangs, Tapi and Valsad districts. The notification also asks officials to conduct searches at public places and vital locations in south Gujarat. Surat Range police inspector N P Gohil said, “We have asked all police departments in south Gujarat to be alert. They have been told that if any official spots suspicious activity, he should immediately inform higher authorities.” Similar notifications have been issued across districts and cities in the state.