After an intelligence input on suspected movement of terrorists, security agencies issued a red alert across Gujarat on Saturday. The input stated that around 10 terrorists were suspected to have infiltrated from across the border into Gujarat. This comes after three Pakistani boats were found on the shores in Kutch district. The BSF found the third abandoned boat late on Friday.
Sources in security agencies said there was information of 10 terrorists entering Gujarat. A top police officer said limited information had been received from the agencies, stating “terrorists have entered Gujarat and this is serious”. He, however, said there was no specific information about their location. He said in view of the attack in Pathankot, state police has been asked to remain alert.
- BSF detains 18 Pakistani fishermen off Gujarat coast
- India acts on Pakistan NSA’s tip-off, 3 terrorists killed: MHA official
- Terror alert based on phone intercept, Pak NSA’s inputs
- Raids across Gujarat, alert nationwide after intelligence inputs on possible terrorist attacks
- Pakistan NSA warned Ajit Doval of 26/11-type hit on Maha Shivratri
- 1,600-km porous state coastline still vulnerable
Surat Range police has issued notification of carrying out vehicle checking at different places, including entry and exit points of Surat, Navsari, Dangs, Tapi and Valsad districts. The notification also asks officials to conduct searches at public places and vital locations in south Gujarat. Surat Range police inspector N P Gohil said, “We have asked all police departments in south Gujarat to be alert. They have been told that if any official spots suspicious activity, he should immediately inform higher authorities.” Similar notifications have been issued across districts and cities in the state.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen