More than a year after the Delhi Police registered a case against former chief of The Energy and Resource Institute (TERI), R K Pachauri, the probe agency has chargesheeted the scientist for allegedly sexually harassing and outraging the modesty of a former woman colleague.
Police Tuesday filed the chargesheet before Metropolitan Magistrate Shivani Chauhan, who has now fixed April 23 for taking cognizance of the chargesheet.
The chargesheet before the designated Mahila Court in Saket District Courts has charged Pachauri under Section 354 (assault or criminal force to woman with intent to outrage her modesty), 354 A (punishment for sexual harassment), 354 D (stalking), 506 (criminal intimidation) and 509 (word, gesture or act intended to insult the modesty of a woman) under the IPC.
Police had registered the case against Pachauri based on a criminal complaint filed by the woman in February last year. In its chargesheet, police has named 23 persons as prosecution witnesses, many of whom are former and present employees of TERI, said the sources.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Court sources claimed the chargesheet has also relied upon the statements of the woman recorded before the magistrate and the Delhi Police.
The 1,000-page chargesheet contains annexures related to call details records and transcripts of emails and text messages. Police had earlier sent this evidence for forensic examination to Gujarat and those reports are still awaited.
The final reports of the forensic examination is likely to find a place in the supplementary chargesheet. The results include analysis of the mobile phone and laptop, which were submitted by Pachauri. He had claimed he was a victim of hacking and that his computer resources were misused.
The woman had claimed that Pachauri sexually harassed her for nearly two years after she joined TERI in September 2013, and also alleged that he had engaged in “sexually-laden conversations” with her over emails and text messages.