Tension gripped a village in Jammu region’s Poonch district on Monday as members of one community tried to prevent use of loudspeakers by the other community.
Members of the majority Muslim community reportedly objected to the use of loudspeakers in a Hindu temple in Jhulas village.
Police said youth led by a local woman tried to intervene physically to prevent the use of the loudspeaker by temple management, but their entry was resisted after which the members of the two communities started sloganeering against each other in the village.
- Tension over loudspeakers in Bijnor: ‘Why live in a place where you can’t celebrate festivals?’
- Tension in Badaun village over loudspeaker
- Why Kairana is new frontier in UP poll politics: Pot simmered before ‘lists’
- Express investigation part-II: My loudspeaker versus your loudspeaker
- Moradabad: BJP adamant on mahapanchayat, security up
- UP: BJP calls mahapanchayat against removal of loudspeaker from temple
Attempts are ongoing to defuse the tension.