Ten were killed persons died and 17 others injured on Sunday when the mini-bus in which they were travelling fell into the backwaters of a dam at Pali village, around 50 km from Vidisha.
“The 32-seater bus was on its way to Lateri in the district from Bhopal. It fell in the backwaters of Sanjay Sagar dam while crossing a bridge at around 3 pm,” Vidisha SP Dharmendra Choudhary told reporters.
Watch What Else Is making News
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
The deceased included four men, three women and three children. The injured were rushed to a hospital, he said.
The victims drowned in the water which was 20-25 metre-deep and the death toll could rise as the rescue operation was going on, Choudhary said.
Preliminary investigation suggested that the driver was speeding to reach the destination in time and lost control over the vehicle. Asked if the bus fell into the water after hitting a pothole on the bridge which had no railing, the SP said the probe is on.