The Communist Party of India has termed the TRS government’s move to substantially increase the number of districts in Telangana as “unscientific and wasteful expenditure”. CPI General Secretary S Sudhakar Reddy was quoted as saying, “We actually wanted some new districts to be formed. There could have been one district for each Parliamentary constituency (total 17) or a maximum of 20. But 31 (proposed) is too many.”
Telangana at present has 10 districts and the government initially proposed to add 17 more and subsequently weighed the option of another four (Gadwal, Asifabad, Jangaon and Sircilla).
“I think its done unscientifically. Some (new districts) are justified, some to satisfy TRS leadership,” Reddy said. “Administratively, more wasteful expenditure”, he said, adding, the Government should have a struck a “balance” (on district reorganisation exercise).
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The new districts are proposed to come into existence from Dussehra on October 11.
The government is slated to discuss the final shape of the new districts at Friday’s cabinet meeting.